Now through July 5, the Franklin Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer.
Under limited supervision, Franklin Police Officers patrol assigned zones while exercising responsibility for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. They control traffic, prevent crime and disturbances of the peace, and arrest violators. While working under often stressful, high-risk conditions, our officers apply good independent judgment when dealing with dangerous or unusual situations, and implement safe practices and procedures.
- $45,272 for P.O.S.T. Certified Officers
- $40,040 for non-P.O.S.T. Certified Officers
- Take-home car program
- 4-day work week
- On-site fitness facilities
- Vacation & sick leave, paid personal days, and 10 additional paid holidays
- Annual uniform & equipment allowance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
Education and Experience:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.