A suspect’s 6-week run from the law came to an end yesterday. Franklin Police Officers captured 18-year-old Nicholas Owens during a foot pursuit through the Maplewood Subdivision early Wednesday afternoon.
Originally wanted for fleeing from a vehicle during a drug investigation in November, Owens fled the scene of a vehicle crash late Tuesday night, evading officers in his vehicle and then on foot.
Wednesday morning, Officers got a tip that Owens was at a residence in the 200 block of Jeanette place. Owens fled from arriving Officers by jumping out of a window at the home. Additional officers responded to the area and captured Owens after they spotted him jumping a backyard fence on Shadycrest Lane.
Owens remains jailed on the $29,500 set by the Magistrate. Charged with the offenses below, Owens is due in court on January 25 at 1:00 pm:
- Evading Arrest in a Motor Vehicle
- x3 counts Evading Arrest on Foot
- Failure to Report a Crash
- x2 counts Leaving the Scene of a Crash
- Driving Without a License
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Failure to Appear
- Unlawful Possession of a Legend Drug
# # #