Officers are on scene of an overturned tanker truck on Peytonsville Road at the I-65 overpass. The tanker was westbound on Peytonsville Road, attempting to turn south onto I-65 when it flipped. The tanker truck was the only vehicle involved and injuries to the driver are believed to be minor.
- Both eastbound straight lanes of Peytonsville Road are blocked, but passable with police assistance.
- The two eastbound lanes to I-65 North are open and flowing;
- There is currently no I-65 South access from westbound Peytonsville Road;
- Eastbound traffic is able to access I-65 South;
- Motorists are able to access I-65 North from either direction on Peytonsville Road.
The tanker is carrying hydraulic fluid. The leak at the scene was minimal and is now contained. It is not yet clear what caused the tanker to overturn. The process of up-righting this tanker is expected to take hours. Updates will be posted as they become available on @FranklinPD Twitter.