Update: Evacuated Businesses Re-opened Following Earlier Gas Line Rupture

At 1:30 today, all businesses in the Watson Glen shopping center re-opened, following a 10am gas line rupture that caused an evacuation. About 50 people were evacuated from businesses in the strip mall. Officials from Atmos Energy say that an HVAC contractor hit a natural gas line near a sewer system, which allowed the gas to seep into the businesses.

Franklin Fire Department officials confirmed that the contractor did call 811-One-Call before digging. Atmos Energy officials are investigating whether or not the area was properly marked.

For additional information, contact Jamie Melton of the Franklin Fire Department: (615) 550-6862.

Leave a Reply